For Helping Professionals
Austin, TX is a hub for helpers
With all the hospitals, universities, and general focus on well-being in Austin, it is no surprise that helping professionals choose to make Austin their home. Therapists, doctors, nurses, first responders, and other medical professionals are strong, and yet tend to burn out if their own needs are overlooked. Many of you find your passion for helping others because of past experiences. You want to pay it forward. You want to make the world a better place.
Therapists and other helping professionals need specialized care
You can't just go see anyone. You need someone who understands the pressures of your career--someone who understands that as much as your job inspires you, it can sometimes pull you down or bring up things from the past you would much rather forget.
Over my career, I have been honored to work with many of you. Doctors, nurses, military, EMS, and other therapists alike. I find this work to be meaningful in so many ways. Together, we can change the world one life at a time.
How I help...
After years of working with so many helping professionals, I have come to use some specific steps to help you manage your anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Helping you to actually practice what you preach.
- We all know what we're supposed to be doing, right? Mindfulness, meditation, exercise, eating right, positive self-talk, etc... The problem is, many of us preach this day in and day out, but rarely actually use these skills ourselves. We're too busy. Someone else needs something. You'll get to it tomorrow.
- Any of this sound familiar?
- I help you identify what is really getting in the way and together we come up with a plan to help you overcome it. So, that you can actually find the time to take care of yourself.
- Once you are doing the work to take care of yourself, you can work AND complete treatment without falling apart.
- I understand that your time is valuable. So, I have focused my training on finding short-term, effective treatments that really help.
- Things like EMDR, Trauma-Focused CBT, ACT, Progressive Exposure Therapy, CBT...treatments proven to work.
- Anxiety and depression can take a toll on your relationships and work performance.
- Many people feel isolated and ashamed about how they are feeling.
- I'll help you learn when and how to ask for help. I'll help educate your partners, family members, and employers so that they can fully support you even while they do not necessarily know the whole story.
- I love working myself out a job. Many of my clients continue to stay in touch for years or come in occasionally for minor "tune-ups". My goal is to get you through therapy and thriving as soon as possible.
Are you ready to get started?
Schedule a FREE 15-minute telephone consultation